Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009

Today's music selection is one of my all-time favourites, Danny Michel. From his days back with The Rhinos in the early 90's, to selling his first indie solo releases when I was still working at HMV, to his fantastic New Year's Eve concert at the Starlight in 2003, to now...he's still one of the best live shows you'll ever see, and all of his music is fantastic.
There's not a lot that I can post on here simply due to availability, but below is a music video of the title track from his last album, Feather, Fur And Fin. I highly recommend you check out his website at www.dannymichel.com for more info and more music. If you're not a fan now, you will be soon.

One of my favourite songs of Danny's is a live version of I Will Love You For Miles, which he performs at a much more upbeat tempo than the album version. There's a great video on YouTube, but the ability to embed it here has been disabled, so you can go here to see it. It's worth it.

No comments: