Big Brother Recap: “When Rachel Is Not HoH, It’s Like The Victim Pity Party of The Week.”
When we left off on Thursday’s Live Eviction episode, the houseguests were perched on a wall balancing on a swinging pair of skis, while trying to deal with the wall moving, and fake storms in the backyard. Who would emerge as HoH after the season’s first endurance competition? What is the fallout from the House Meeting Blowup? And why is Adam dressed like an Elf?
My Random Thoughts:
- The completion of the HoH competition took the first third of the episode, and there’s not really a lot to talk about, so I’ll just summarize: Danielle made it look effortless, Lawon, Brendon, and Jordan all became Have Nots for the week, Jeff won $10,000, Shelly talked a good game but still lost, Porsche doesn’t know where her shoulder is, Rachel wanted 10K instead of consoling “her man”, and Adam won the Unitard prize of the season…this year in the form of an Elf Suit.
- Why does Lawon always lean in and yell at the camera in the Diary Room? Is anyone else as tired of this as I am? Plus, he went on and on about how much of a competitor he is…and then he only lasts 19 minutes before falling.
- Rachel’s predictable meltdown began even before the HoH competition ended…did anyone else take joy in seeing that? I loved that she had to hand over the key to Daniele. It’s kind of like in a baseball game, when a player makes an amazing catch to end the inning, and then he leads off at bat right away in the next inning…it was karmic justice that Daniele won HoH right after Dominic got evicted. At least Rachel didn’t chuck the key in the yard in a tantrum like she did last season.
- Kalia made a genuine gesture to Rachel after the HoH competition, and she and Brendon responded by calling her: a pscyho, not worth it, a nobody, a loser, a super-floater AND an all-time floater, crazy, a complainer, and a whiner. Wow…why would anyone ever try to be the bigger person with this pair when this is the way they respond? They get nastier with each episode, don’t they?
- Kalia came up with the best line of the episode, which was the obvious choice for the title of my recap: “when Rachel is not HoH, it’s like the victim pity party of the year.” I love how Rachel tried to negative spin Daniele’s win, pointing out that “she can’t even compete next week”, as if it was irresponsible of Daniele to even try to win because she wouldn’t be able to win the following week. By Rachel’s logic, no one should ever try to win HoH, right?
- In the HoH room, Rachel went on about how no one was interested in Daniele’s room, but they were always interested in the past when the HoH room was unveiled. Newsflash: they were just as disinterested in seeing your HoH room as well, watch the first three weeks on your PVR when you get home, Rachel. I have to wonder why we didn’t see who Daniele’s letter was from…maybe Evel Dick? Or at least some mention of him?
- Lawon, Shelly, and Jordan had a Heart-to-Heart in the backyard about Lawon’s sexuality, where he told a really heartwarming story about his grandmother, and as much as I make fun of everyone on this show, that moment really moved me. I really gained a lot of respect and admiration for Lawon after watching that scene.
- Daniele offered a one-week truce deal to Jeff and Jordan, which they accepted. Smart game play on her part…and a good decision for both sides.
- Adam’s Elf Suit was pretty funny, but he got off pretty easy with it essentially only being a hat and shirt. In the past, the Unitard/Hippie-Tard/Banana Costume, Etc… have always been pretty cumbersome and annoying to the houseguest. I think the Elf Suit was a pretty soft punishment…and actually kind of fun. I mean, ever since Will Ferrell donned a green and yellow suit and made one of the greatest Christmas movies of all-time, who doesn’t love an Elf?
- At the unveiling of the Seaweed and Sardines menu for the Have Nots, I couldn’t really appreciate how disgusting the food choices were, because all I noticed was the fact was that Daniele was essentially naked. Did you see that bathing suit? My god, I’ve seen shoelaces with more material!
- Shocker of all Shockers…Brendon and Rachel are on the block. Daniele said “I’m not afraid to get blood on my hands in this game”, and she proved it with her nominations. Rachel responded by calling Daniele's nominations "100% personal" (take a drink!), and said once again that no one can come between her and her man. No one except Daniele, that is. Bring on the fireworks, this should be an exciting week.
Please keep in mind that my recaps will always be based on the TV airings of Big Brother. I do not, and will not, be watching or reading any info from the live feeds. Please keep that in mind as I intend to keep the entire season on my site SPOILER-FREE. After each episode, my recaps should be online and live within an hour (often less) of the show ending on the East Coast.
Big Brother fans, feel free to bookmark the site or add your name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left. You can also add me on Facebook or on Twitter, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. For those of you that I have connected with on Facebook and Twitter, if I see spoilers from the live feeds, I will remove you so that I can attempt to remain spoiler-free. Don’t forget to mouse over the pictures for captions, and please leave a Comment in the Comments section if you’re so inclined.