Sunday, July 24, 2011
Big Brother Recap: "Rachel's Second Reign Of Terror Begins"
My Random Thoughts:
- First of all, I have to mention that after my last recap, I received an incredible amount of traffic (almost 1000 hits!) from people who were googling some sort of variation on the following two phrases: “Why was Julie Chen wearing a cape”, and “Rachel peeing on Big Brother.” It warms my heart to know that I am writing about what the masses want to hear…even if it involves Rachel’s bladder.
- Earlier in the season, Brendon went on and on about how Rachel was De-Un-Masculinizing-tizing-ating him, but in my opinion there is nothing more emasculating than when Brendon said “Rachel is the brains in our operation.” Nothing she could ever do would be as insulting as what you just said.
- When Rachel came out and screamed “Who wants to see my HoH room?” only to be bombarded by pillows, I actually thought that was pretty funny.
- I really don’t think I understand anything that Lawon says. Do you?
- Dominic’s snoring was the topic of some hamster aggression, with Dani telling him “you sounded like a small dinosaur”, and Jeff saying “your existence disgusts me.” First of all, how does Dani know the sound differences of dinosaurs based on their size? And Second, Jeff’s comment was sort of harsh, but as we learned, he is a rather light sleeper, and Dom’s snoring keeps him awake, and chucking stuff at him in bed. Maybe that explains this picture.
The David Hasselhoff Competition was just an extended commercial for the show: Jordan stumbled into the correct answer, KITT showed up in the backyard, Dom said that he “won the ultimate prize…I tucked in David Hasslehoff” (and you wonder why he’s a virgin), and the Hoff then mooched on the prize spread, wolfing down the sushi for the winners.
- Jordan’s choice of Jeff, Shelly, and Kalia to share in the Luxury Prize got Little Miss Entitlement Rachel upset. To be fair, it was a pretty dumb move, even though it made me happy to see her miss out. I mentioned in a post yesterday that there is a scenario that could arise that would force Rachel to nominate Jeff and Jordan, whether she wants to or not, so I’m not sure why you would do something to ruffle her feathers.
- After the competition, Brendon and Rachel went off to argue, and it was one of the most painful conversations I’ve ever watched 13 seasons of this show. From fake crying to rage in a split second, Rachel is like a toddler that didn’t get her way. And you know it’s 100% fake crying, with that whiny voice. Brendon was really no better, threatening to leave and quit the game. Then Rachel threatened to put Brendon up, and Brendon threatened to put Jeff and Jordan up. They’re both such drama queens…it makes me sick.
Did you catch that part? In the middle of insulting him, she talked about how important the wedding was to her: “Even though you’re mean to me, I still want my dream wedding.” Not that she wanted to marry Brendon for love, happiness, and maybe a family down the road (Oh GOD, the horror!), she just wants the dream wedding. The most interesting thing about this whole scene was trying to figure out why Brendon has scabs on his knees. (Write your own joke for that one…too easy.)
- Not shocking at all to see that Adam and Dominic were once again nominated for eviction. We’ll see what that really means after the POV competition.
Just a quick note, if there are any poker fans out there, check out my recent post on my trip to Las Vegas to participate in the 2011 World Series of Poker. Keep in mind that there’s more than just Reality TV on this site, so check out the sidebar on the left for some of the near-600 posts in the archive.
Please keep in mind that my recaps will always be based on the TV airings of Big Brother. I do not, and will not, be watching or reading any info from the live feeds. Please keep that in mind as I intend to keep the entire season on my site SPOILER-FREE. After each episode, my recaps should be online and live within an hour (often less) of the show ending on the East Coast.
Big Brother fans, feel free to bookmark the site or add your name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left. You can also add me on Facebook or on Twitter, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. For those of you that I have connected with on Facebook and Twitter, if I see spoilers from the live feeds, I will remove you so that I can attempt to remain spoiler-free. Don’t forget to mouse over the pictures for captions, and please leave a Comment in the Comments section if you’re so inclined.