Sunday, July 17, 2011
Big Brother Recap: "Ants In Your Pants"
My Random Thoughts:
- In the aftermath of Keith’s elimination, Kalia talked about why she flipped and voted to keep Porsche, because of Keith’s insane behavior last week, calling out other houseguests for no reason, including her.
- Lawon was furious about Keith’s elimination, saying that he was “like a hot volcano in Hawaii gettin’ ready to erupt.” I’m not so concerned about his volcanic threats as I am confused about his decision to dress like Batman villain Two-Face for the eviction show.
He then went on to say that he was upset because “I stuck my ass out for everybody on that team”, which is a joke that pretty much writes itself. The funniest thing, though, was his declaration at the end of his mini-tirade that “It’s on”, because I don’t find that sentiment very intimidating when you whisper it.
- When the veterans were talking in the HoH room after the live show, there was a shot of Jordan putting her bra on over her pink dress. I said “what the hell is that?” and my girlfriend looked at me like I was crazy for not knowing, and then explained that’s how women get dressed when they’re in front of a group of people, by putting the bra on first and then pulling the clothes out from underneath. How the hell was I supposed to know that? Am I wrong? Is there any male reader out there who knew that, or am I just out of the loop?
- Shelley told Adam to go cut a deal with the veterans to protect himself, which should have been a giant indicator that she was one of the two votes that flipped and voted with them.
- Cassi had an awkward silent moment with Rachel in the kitchen, and then in the Diary Room, told us “I showed her. You messed with the wrong girl.” How exactly did you show her, Cassi? By saying nothing and eating a snack? Come on.
- Brendon and Dominic’s superhero scene in the backyard was actually pretty funny. A Batman-style cartoon fight, in honour of Franklin the turtle, and not the animated icon, but instead one of those ‘just add water and grow-your-own’ dollar store garbage toys.
- Adam is scrambling, and doesn’t know how to function in this game when he has no power. It was a pathetic scene in the HoH room as he tried to get back in the good graces of the veterans. Both he and Dominic gave them the same essential argument: “I wanted to screw you guys, but since it didn’t work, and now you have control and numbers, I want to be on your side.”
We learned that Rachel normally likes being on the bottom, Adam apparently has a lot of back sweat, Shelley likes to cup Cassi’s breats as she pulls her up off the ground, and that Kalia is seemingly prone to random panic attacks. Brenchel won the competition, keeping the Veterans in firm control of the house, and they chose Adam, Dominic, Shelley, and Cassi as the Have Nots for the week.
On a side note, have you ever thought about how horrible a job it would be to work as part of the Big Brother Backyard Cleanup Crew after challenges? What a mess.
- It seems like Keith’s elimination ended “The Regulators”, since we heard no mention of it at all. Thank God!
- When Dominic was trying to work with Jeff and Jordan, Jeff told him "You have to climb the ladder before you get to the roof." Wouldn't a mountain analogy have been better? I don't recall anyone yelling triumphantly "I'm on the Roof!"
Just a quick note, if there are any poker fans out there, check out my recent post on my trip to Las Vegas to participate in the 2011 World Series of Poker. Keep in mind that there’s more than just Reality TV on this site, so check out the sidebar on the left for some of the near-600 posts in the archive.
Please keep in mind that my recaps will always be based on the TV airings of Big Brother. I do not, and will not, be watching or reading any info from the live feeds. Please keep that in mind as I intend to keep the entire season on my site SPOILER-FREE. After each episode, my recaps should be online and live within an hour (often less) of the show ending on the East Coast.
Big Brother fans, feel free to bookmark the site or add your name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left. You can also add me on Facebook or on Twitter, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. For those of you that I have connected with on Facebook and Twitter, if I see spoilers from the live feeds, I will remove you so that I can attempt to remain spoiler-free. Don’t forget to mouse over the pictures for captions, and please leave a Comment in the Comments section if you’re so inclined.