Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 18, 2010: Big Brother Recap

Random Thoughts from Sunday night's episode of Big Brother:

- I mentioned last week that Rachel may want to consider re-thinking her wardrobe choices if BB has to blur out parts of her body constantly, but what the hell was she wearing at the HoH competition? Was that a shirt or a dress? Britney said it best when she described her as someone who "wasn't even smart enough to put on pants before the competition." Although, to be fair, that line wasn't nearly as good as when she said that she had to "follow her flapping butt cheeks all the way up the stairs."

- Enzo, I understand that 'Brigade' rhymes with 'grenade', but did you really have to use them together THREE times in the first 5 minutes of the show?

- Rachel's favourite line seems to be "Are you kidding me?", because it applies to everything: nominations, the Saboteur, competitions, receiving tequila...

- When Britney and Monet were clucking like hens about everyone when they were out suntanning, what the hell was Britney doing with her legs? She was laying on her stomach with her knees bent and her legs up in the air, swaying them all over constantly. Very awkward to watch.

- Matt, do you really think that the best way to hide how confident you are is to act paranoid? Are you kidding me? (Sorry, the Rachel thing is affecting me.) For a member of Mensa, that seems like a pretty dumb move. And in that scene where Matt was explaining his paranoia to Rachel and Brendon, when Rachel repositioned herself on the hammock so that she was on her knees, how many of you were hoping she fell flat on her face? Be honest.

- The Have/Have Not challenge was interesting, but I didn't understand why everyone kept talking about what a great job Kathy and Britney did. They did nothing except get taped to a wall and not move. Seriously, I know it was tough, but I can't think you can give them kudos for trying to outsmart gravity, can you?

- Monet came to Rachel in the HoH room to plead her case not to get nominated, and her opening line was "This is always weird for me." Really? Always? This is the second week! Come on!

- Britney and Monet on the block. Shocker. Not really.

- I mentioned in my last post that I thought Annie might get a chance to get back in the house. Well, it looks like all of the evicted houseguests are staying sequestered from the first week on, so that confirms my theory that someone will be going back in at some point.

No comments: