Thursday, August 11, 2011
Big Brother Recap: "Redemption Island Comes To The Big Brother House"
My Random Thoughts:
- Lawon went on about how excited he was to be on the block, talking about his impending special powers and his 99% certainty (sorry, no drink on that one) that he would be coming back. He then went on to talk about what a bold move it was, and told the rest of the houseguests that he wasn’t stupid. I beg to differ, since this is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen.
- Rachel went up to the HoH room to try to strike a deal with Daniele and Kalia, and at the end of the pow-wow, they had seemingly agreed to a deal, even though Daniele said “every time she opens her mouth I want to punch it closed.” The only caveat was that she couldn’t say anything about the proposed deal, and to the crazy lady’s credit, she didn’t actually spill anything to anyone afterwards.
- I’ve got to give Shelly credit, she got all CSI in this episode, trying to figure out what was going on with Rachel and Daniele/Kalia, so she went and put the bug in Dani’s ear that Rachel was freaking out after they met, and suggested that it appeared a deal was struck. It was completely untrue, but it served it’s purpose, and gave Shelly some valuable info, and put a wedge between the potential alliance.
- Julie had her obligatory mini-talk with the houseguests and we learned the following: Daniele isn’t worried about the Twist, Shelly wants to make Adam cry, Jordan is “gripey” about being a Have Not, and Jeff thinks the game is getting harder.
- I really enjoyed the footage from last season of Ragan insulting Rachel, but was shocked to see that they are friends outside the house. Not shocking was that Matt and Ragan’s bromance is still going strong. Funny to see Matt talk about what I mentioned in my last recap, that when Rachel cries, there are no tears. Very astute observation by Ragan that Rachel is like the killer at the end of a horror movie. Only difference is that I don’t think she’s acting…
- Just before the houseguests voted, Rachel reminded everyone that there was a twist this week, and Lawon’s farewell speech was a mish-mash of partial English and random sounds, making me even more confused than when he normally talks.
- Lawon was voted out unanimously, and just before he left the House, Julie revealed the Twist to the house, and upon hearing that Brendon may be able to return to the game, Rachel’s mouth was left agape in a pose I’m sure she is quite accustomed to. Come on, you know it’s not the first time she’s cramped up like that…
- My girlfriend asked me during this episode what I thought would happen if Rachel gets voted out and Brendon gets voted in, so that they would have to compete against each other, specifically if I thought that Brendon would let her win so she could go back in the house. I said that yes, he would, and isn’t that a disgusting thought? Because you know he would. Thank god it didn’t play out that way.
- The winner of the America’s vote was Brendon, with over 50% of the vote, which disgusted me to no end, because there is no way that this was not fixed. I’m so disillusioned with this ridiculous turn of events that I’m considering ditching this show. Just like Survivor: Redemption Island with Rob and Russell, these shows are rigged to protect the returning players. What a farce.
Could that challenge have been any more rigged for Brendon to win? Rachel was able to yell out which balls Brendon needed to get to win the competition? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I’m seriously so pissed off, I’m not even writing any more after watching that. Seriously.
Brendon won and is back in the house. No new HoH yet.
See you Sunday…maybe.
Please keep in mind that my recaps will always be based on the TV airings of Big Brother. I do not, and will not, be watching or reading any info from the live feeds. Please keep that in mind as I intend to keep the entire season on my site SPOILER-FREE. After each episode, my recaps should be online and live within 15 minutes of the show ending on the East Coast.
Big Brother fans, feel free to bookmark the site or add your name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left. You can also add me on Facebook or on Twitter, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. Don’t forget to mouse over the pictures for captions, and please leave a Comment in the Comments section if you’re so inclined.