Thursday, August 25, 2011
Big Brother Recap: "Double Eviction...All The Way."
My Random Thoughts:
- When the hell did Jeff turn into “Big Jeff”? Does the only Jeff in the house need a qualifier? Sure, he’s a strapping lad, but it’s not like he exceptionally tall…or big, really. And what’s the deal with calling yourself “Big Jeff”? In my Survivor recaps two seasons ago, I mentioned every week how ridiculous it was that we had a “Purple Kelly”, but at least she never called herself Purple Kelly.
- Once Psycho Rachel found out that Jeff threw the POV competition the week that Brendon was evicted, Rachel apparently decided that she didn’t want to work with Jeff and Jordan anymore. Now, I understand that this would be pretty upsetting to Rachel, but if you’re going to do something about it and flip because you are offended that Brendon got evicted, why would you go with the one who NOMINATED HIM??
- After our recap of events in the house, the Chenbot told us that the houseguests just exploded “when Jeff learned that Shelly has flipped once again.” Damn, I wish I could have seen that, but it’s pretty odd for Julie to tell us what just happened as they were sitting there during the live show.
- Daniele’s “farewell” speech was a carbon copy of Dominic’s “Spineless Jellyfish” rant. Sounds like the go-to speech when you know you’re getting evicted. The scoffing look on Rachel’s face made it pretty clear that she wasn’t actually going to vote for Daniele, even though we were led to believe she had flipped. Daniele was voted out 3-2.
- Kalia won the “Before or After” HoH competition, which clearly frustrated the veteran alliance of Jeff, Jordan, and Rachel since they knew that two of them would end up being nominated. Before the nominations, we eavesdropped on the houseguests, where we got to see some real quality TV as someone burped on their microphone (Shelly, I think), and Kalia complained about her outfit before nominating Jeff and Rachel.
- I really hate when they get behind time in these Double Eviction episodes, and as a result, Julie Chen has to race through her pre-written speeches and competition questions. Slow down, woman! You sound like an auctioneer!
- With the house so firmly divided (Jeff, Rachel, Jordan, Adam vs. Kalia, Shelly, Porsche), and Jeff and Rachel on the block, regardless of the POV results, it would end up being a 2-2 tie vote anyways, with Kalia breaking the tie as the HoH, so the house was going to end up being 3 vs 3 at the end of this “week” anyways…it was just a matter of who would be leaving from the alliance of 4.
- Porsche won the POV competition, but did you see that shot of Jeff as he was flinging balls out of his bin? He had thrown his shoe out of the bin and it was laying outside of the bin on the side!!! Look at the picture below that I took during the episode. Talk about someone being over-exuberant and causing their own demise!
- What’s the point of “eavesdropping on the house” if the volume cuts out (presumably due to swearing by the houseguests) every time we listen in?
- Even though Jeff begged and begged for votes, the second eviction vote was an obvious 2-2 tie, and Kalia relished in her duty to single-handedly evict Jeff from the house. After a week where Jeff shoved the concept of “retribution” in her face, it was a heaping serving of “just desserts” for Big Jeff. Too bad you chucked that shoe out of your bin...
- The big move that made this happen was Shelly’s flip, and as upset as Jeff was about being evicted by people “who slept for 55 days and just woke up”, from a game play standpoint, it was a smart move, and the only move that gives any of the newbies a shot to win. That includes you, Adam.
One quick note, I will be recapping Sunday’s episode as usual, but I will not be recapping next week’s Wednesday or Thursday episode, as I won’t be able to watch them until the weekend. I’ll still put something together after I watch them, but it won’t be online right after the episode as usual.
Please keep in mind that my recaps will always be based on the TV airings of Big Brother. I do not, and will not, be watching or reading any info from the live feeds. Please keep that in mind as I intend to keep the entire season on my site SPOILER-FREE. After each episode, my recaps should be online and live within 15 minutes of the show ending on the East Coast.
Big Brother fans, feel free to bookmark the site or add your name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left. You can also add me on Facebook or on Twitter, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. Don’t forget to mouse over the pictures for captions, and please leave a Comment in the Comments section if you’re so inclined.