Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Big Brother Recap: "Brendon Tries to Pull One Over On Everyone, But Ends Up Just Fooling Himself"
My Random Thoughts:
- After the nomination ceremony, Rachel started crying immediately in the Diary Room, threatening Danielle that she would draw the sword of Excaliber, all the while saying “Guess what?” approximately 57 times. Meanwhile, Buki Brendon tried to positive spin things talking about their future together…
Cue the waterworks.
Jesus Christ, are you kidding me? 3 minutes into the episode, I already have to watch these two cry and whine to each other? Is it just me…or is this as painful to everyone else as well? It’s unbearable.
- Dani and Rachel were talking in the Have Not room, and by talking, I mean Dani was talking and Rachel was sulking. Rachel said “It was stupid to think you could have friends in this game anyways”, which is a pretty ironic statement from the houseguest who constantly calls everyone else “bitches” and yells at every single person in the house. In the Diary Room during this segment, Rachel referred to Daniele as: a mean girl, a snake, and someone who sucks at this game…so clearly making friends is her top priority, right? And of course, she followed it up with another shallow idle threat, “I’m coming after her.”
- Jeff made it clear to Jordan that if one of them is in power next week, the plan is to backdoor Daniele, which I think is a pretty stupid move. Why not honour the one-week deal you made and target someone else? I don’t see the point of backstabbing someone who is not part of a strong alliance at this point of the game.
- It made me sick watching Rachel celebrate Brendon’s win in the Veto competition, because she wasn’t happy that he won, she was happy that she would be safe since he promised to take her off the block (which is so idiotic I can’t even describe it). Essentially she was cheering because he just eliminated himself by winning the Veto…how wrong is that? What a selfish bitch.
- Brendon’s Diary Room interview after winning the Veto included him taunting Daniele, which pretty much amounted to him saying “HA! I’m going home!” He said that he was definitely going to use the Power of Veto on Rachel, but didn’t want to tell anyone, so that they think he’s using it on himself, and that would presumably force Daniele to do something at the last minute. First of all, you would have to be an idiot not to know that Brendon is using the Veto on Rachel, and second, Dani is too smart of a player not to have a plan in place for Scenario A or B depending on what Brendon does with the Veto.
For some reason, Johnny PhD Wang-Texter thinks that Dani would be so flustered when he says he’s using it on Rachel, she’ll just stand up and stammer, “Um…I don’t know…Maybe…Lawon?” Please!
- Does anyone out there miss Keith? Didn’t think so.
- Brendon tried to argue to Daniele for reasons to keep both of them in the house and put up a floater, but his logic was pretty much summed up as follows: if one of us goes, the other one is after you next week for vengeance, and if one of us gets to the end, we’re definitely going to win. Not really the best argument to get someone on your side.
- So Brendon saved Rachel (despite her fake pleas to the contrary and fake crying upon receiving the Veto) and Jordan went up in her place…a smart move on Daniele’s part because it’s a pretty long shot to think Jordan would get voted out ahead of Brendon, especially since I can’t think Brendon and Rachel aren’t going to cause massive drama between now and the live vote. Looks like Brendon will be booted on Thursday, and since he will be sequestered in the Jury House for the rest of the summer, he won’t be able to text genital pictures until after the Finale.
One quick note to say that my recap of Thursday night’s Live Eviction episode will not be posted right after the episode, as it usually is. I will not be able to watch the show until later in the evening, and I’m not sure when that will be, but my recap will definitely be posted by midnight, likely earlier.
Please keep in mind that my recaps will always be based on the TV airings of Big Brother. I do not, and will not, be watching or reading any info from the live feeds. Please keep that in mind as I intend to keep the entire season on my site SPOILER-FREE. After each episode, my recaps should be online and live within 15 minutes of the show ending on the East Coast.
Big Brother fans, feel free to bookmark the site or add your name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left (who will be #100?) You can also add me on Facebook or on Twitter, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. Don’t forget to mouse over the pictures for captions, and please leave a Comment in the Comments section if you’re so inclined.