Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 4, 2010: Big Brother Recap

I’ve spent a fair amount of time on a sailboat in my life. From time to time, you’re just sitting on the boat, maybe anchored in a harbour somewhere with other boats, or tied to your dock in the marina, when some guy in a powerboat comes racing by. What happens then is that the wake from the powerboat whips the water into a frenzy, rocking all the sailboats from side to side, rattling masts and creating chaos.

That’s essentially what Andrew did last week on Big Brother.

Everyone was just sitting there waiting for the live vote, and all of them knew full well that Andrew was going home, but the Captain Kosher fired up the engines and left the houseguests swimming in his wake.

I didn’t get to see all of Sunday’s episode, which is why there was no recap that night, but I did get to see the aftermath of Andrew’s speech, as Rachel and Kristen went Claws-To-The-Wall in a verbal catfight unlike anything I’ve ever seen on this show. It was great TV.

But I have to say, if these four had ANY brains whatsoever, they would realize that the smartest plan would be to now align with each other. That’s right, Brendon, Rachel, Kristen, and Hayden would be an unstoppable force in the house, and no one would suspect it after the blowup.

But I’d put the chances of that happening somewhere slightly behind Rachel never yelling at the camera in her diary room interviews, and even further behind the word “Brigade” never being uttered again on this season. Even though they talked about it briefly, they didn't trust each other enough...it's a shame.

Anyways, on to tonight’s episode, My Random Thoughts:

- What do you think was a more insincere apology from Rachel (and both of these are exact quotes): Option A) "I just want to apologize for, like, heat of the moment, and whatever...", or Option B) "I'm just apologizing for that comment. I'm sorry that you guys take it personally." It's close, huh?
- BRING IT ON...it's not just for cheerleaders anymore. The post-Bring-It-On conversation with Brendon and Rachel made me realize a couple of things. First of all, that Rachel will indeed cry over anything. And secondly, that while we know she is annoying and dramatic, that girl is seriously mentally unstable.

- Brendon was way over the top in his hosting of the Veto contest, and Britney made me laugh when she said "You're a homo sapiens, Brendon. You're not a wizard." Am I wrong, or aren't Wizards people too, which would make them homo sapiens? (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a Harry Potter fan.)

- Lane: "You could cut the tension with a machete." Is that really a saying? Maybe only in Texas? Or does Lane think that he can just switch a word to something similar and it's the same thing? How about "Don't count your ducks before they hatch" or "The grass is always greener on the other side of the hedge"?

- Once I saw the Veto competition would be another 'Pick A Prize' contest, I started to get excited for the return of the Unitard! Little did I know that we would get a new incarnation: The Hippie-Tard, which made Kristen look like Monica Seles.













- If 4 of 6 contestants in the very first round scored a "Perfect Shot", then maybe we should reconsider calling it a "Perfect Shot", don't you think?

- I'm sorry, but I have to say that the women Wizard outfits were totally hot. I want one for my girlfriend.

- Rachel: "Ragan is one of my biggest allies in this game." Um...really? Does Ragan know this? I was wondering that before he gave you the $5000 and made you an even bigger target.

- Solitary Confinement seems pretty lame if you can talk through the walls and touch fingers under the door.

- Britney made a smart choice by taking the Veto instead of one of the prizes, and a smarter choice by keeping the nominations the same.

- Kristen joined the ranks of the CRYERS this week. Which I'm fine with, since she used the phrase "threw me under the bus." She'll be gone on Thursday.

For those of you who are enjoying these recaps, feel free to bookmark the site or add your name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left, and come back for the rest of this season. You can also add me on Facebook, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. Thanks for reading.

No comments: