Thursday night’s episode of Big Brother ended with a Survivor-inspired HoH contest (way to go, CBS – start recycling across show boundaries) that saw Brendon trying to avenge his ousted girlfriend’s honour. Would he succeed? Could Matt talk without clapping? And who’s the Raisin, and who’s the Bran?
All that and more…Random Thoughts on tonight’s episode:
- The proposed side deal that Enzo and Hayden made with Brendon and Rachel prior to the eviction seemed like a pretty smart idea. Why not try to focus on a common target and keep yourself safe? I liked it.
- Kathy vs. Enzo for last place in the HoH competition was pretty sad to watch, but Enzo…if you can’t beat someone whose only comment on this challenge was “the most difficult thing for me was figuring out what to do”, you need a long, hard look in the mirror, my friend. - The HoH competition seemed to be overly filled with shots of Britney bending over and showing her cleavage in a wet tank top. We get that she is your resident “hottie” in this Sausage-Fest of a house with only two women left, but between those shots and the constant footage of her raccoon-eye mascara, I felt like I was watching an animated soft-core porn film.
- Brendon went all “Little Engine That Could” in the competition, telling himself over and over that nobody wanted it as bad as he did. And as he celebrated with the corny “Eye of the Tiger” imitation music, it was obvious that Britney, Ragan, and Matt would be his 3 chosen Have Nots for the week. It was amusing how quickly he named them.
- After Ragan was named a Have Not for the week, he complained about Big Brothers karmic forces being against him since it was the 3rd time he had to be a Have Not. Wait a second, isn’t this the guy who chose to be the new Saboteur? And now you’re complaining about bad karma? Come on, Ragan…I like you, but you have to see just how ridiculous that is.
- Hayden is talking about voting Britney out so that Lane comes back to the Brigade fully? You don’t want one of your Brigade members to be corrupted by a woman in the house? Do you even remember Kristen?
- Why does the backyard always look like someone threw a bunch of Styrofoam packing peanuts in a cotton candy machine?
- Lane: “When Enzo came up to me and told me that Brendon was thinking about putting me on the block, I wanted to go to a bar, find the hottest girl there…and fight her boyfriend.” Lane cracks me up…he’s just so Texas.
- More ‘sabotage’ that is just comments that confuse the houseguests? This is the worst twist ever. Although when Ragan coasts to his $20,000 saboteur prize on Thursday, it will be interesting to see if he is revealed to the house as the Saboteur at that point.
- Lane and Ragan were nominated, which is kind of confusing. Regardless, the nominations are redundant, as is the POV competition, since Matt’s Diamond Power of Veto will decide the ultimate nominees. Will Matt use it on Lane if the nominees stay the same? Interesting question.
- I’m sick of the HoH being branded 'cowardly' by the person who gets nominated every single week. Get over it people, learn the game.
Just a quick note to let you know that there will be no Big Brother recaps this week for Wednesday or Thursday’s episodes. They will pick up again one week from tonight on Sunday, and I will give my commentary on the entire week’s episodes.
For those of you who are enjoying these recaps, feel free to bookmark the site or add you name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left, and come back for the rest of this season. You can also add me on Facebook, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. Thanks for reading.
Ratings News - 26th April 2017
1 hour ago