Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20, 2009

- It's NCAA Tournament time and I'm loving it. Too bad that Duke didn't get seeded in Philadelphia or Dayton, or I would have made the trip to see the first two rounds, but if they make it to the Final Four in Detroit, I think I'm going to have to fork out some pretty serious cash, because there is NO way I'm going to miss that. I'm 14-2 after Day One in my bracket pool, and if VCU hits that shot at the buzzer vs. UCLA, I would have been 15-1. It was very deja vu watching VCU's Erick Maynor with a shot in the closing seconds to upset a higher seed in the first round. Why couldn't he have missed that shot 2 years ago against Duke in Buffalo?
- Last week at this time, I had the opportunity to see the Foo Fighters twice in one week. See the post below for a clip from one of the shows, and there will be another one on Saturday. My friend Phil just made me a great T-Shirt that reads "Kurt Plus Shotgun Equals Foo Fighters." Love it!
- Lucas has been enjoying his March Break Hockey Camp, but the little man has been axhausted at the end of the day.
- We went to the OUA Women's Hockey Championship last weekend, and it was so much fun. The game was fantastic, and Lucas won Chuck-A-Puck at the intermission when his puck was the closest to centre ice. He won a really nice Wilson bag and planner, which he has been taking to Camp all week.
- Another win at WNP this week....running good right now in the tournaments. Let's hope it keeps up until the WSOP in June.
- Impressive to see Carleton win another CIS championship. I'll look back on this past 7 years as a pretty historic run when I'm older. Lucas and I watched some games on the weekend, and while we were watching Ottawa vs. Western, the announcer kept referring to Ottawa as the Gee Gees (which is their team name, of course), but at one point, Lucas turned to me and said, "Dad, the Kijiji's need to make a big comeback if they're going to win." Too funny!
- Final thoughts will be on this week's episode of Lost, so on that note:

JENN STOP READING

- I enoyed this episode, even if the overall perception of it was that it is a gap-bridger to set up the end of the season. I liked how they blended things together to get everybody on track. I was a tad disappointed that the baby 'only' ended up being Ethan, but it was weird to see Juliet delivering the man who recruited her to the Island. Sun cracking Ben on the head with the oar was great. And how awesome was Frank, landing that plane on Hydra Island...on the runway that Kate and Sawyer were helping to build in Season 3. More proof that Damon and Carlton knew all along what they were doing. I have to say, the scene with Christian Shephard was majorly creepy. And there's a screencap out there that shows a figure behind Sun when he's talking to her, that looks like it might be a blond woman. Could it be Claire? Take a look here and see what you think.

No comments: