After 62 days, there are only 5 people left in the Big Brother House, and after tonight, that number will drop by 20%. Would Ragan be able to sway the votes to stay in the game? What has made Kathy so angry in the Jury house? And will Lane continue to play “half the dodo?”
My Random Thoughts:
- Is there anything more awkward than watching someone eat soup with a ladel?
- Ragan gave Britney a lot of great points about keeping him in the house. It makes a lot of sense for her to split up Enzo and Hayden.
- When Ragan brought his sales pitch to Lane, he opened it up with “Hey Laney.” I’m thinking that when you want to try to sway someone to your side, you probably don’t want to address them the same way that Jerry addresses Elaine on Seinfeld.
- “It doesn’t matter how tanned I get. I’m always the whitest guy on the dance floor.” Hayden finally said something funny, and it only took 62 days!
- Finally some footage of the Jury house! Rachel and Kathy were so excited to see each other, they just stood in the kitchen and yelled excitedly in each others’ face.
- I just noticed tonight that Kathy has a huge tattoo on her back. How did we never see this before, or did I just miss it while trying not to look directly at her for fear of turning into stone. Would you want your Deputy Sherriff to be inked up like a biker chick? (I’m not anti-tattoo…in any way whatsoever. It just seems like an odd revelation.)
- Quite the anti-climactic Brendon and Rachel reunion in the Jury House, don’t you think? After repeated “Don’t mess with my man” threats, when he actually shows up, you’re like…”Aw…bummer.”
- Say what you will about Matt revealing what he did about lying about his wife’s health, you have to give him credit for owning up to his lie and coming clean, even if he wasn’t sorry for doing it. Perhaps Kathy wasn’t the best sounding board, but the anger she showed after hearing that was the most passion and emotion she showed throughout the game. It’ll be interesting to see Ragan’s reaction to his bro-mantic partner when he finds out.
- It was obvious that Ragan was going to be eliminated when the other houseguests didn’t participate in his “ooey gooey yummy cookies” sing-along.
- I’m not a fan of these HoH competitions that go on past the end of the episode, but I have to say that I’m picturing Britney slicing her fingers open about a hundred times based on how many ornaments she broke in the two minutes we saw.
- Please remember that being the HoH with only 4 people left in the house is a largely cosmetic reign. Next week, the HoH has no power at all, other than ensuring that they make the Final Three. The winner of the POV has the sole vote and decides who goes home, so the nominations are irrelevant…it all lies in the Veto Competition.
- Just a note to say that I will be away on Sunday night, so my recap of Sunday's episode will not be up until mid-day on Monday. Also remember that next week’s eviction is on Wednesday, not Thursday.
Reality TV fans take note, that I will be posting full recaps in the fall for the new seasons of Survivor and The Amazing Race. As with Big Brother, the recaps will be posted within an hour of the end of the episode. I hope that those of you that have been reading here this summer will come back for more recaps in the fall.
Feel free to bookmark the site or add you name as a Follower on the sidebar to the left. You can also add me on Facebook, where I post all of the recaps as soon as they go up. Don’t forget to mouse over the pictures for captions hidden underneath, and I encourage you to leave a comment if you’re so inclined. Thanks for reading.