Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 8, 2009

- First day of school for Lucas today! I can't believe he's in Grade 3 already...it seems like just yesterday I was taking him to his first day of Junior Kindergarten.
- Top Chef premiered last night on Food Network in Canada. I was pretty upset a few weeks back when it premiered in the U.S., but wasn't being shown simultaneously here in Canada, as they had done in previous seasons. I was worried that they weren't showing it at all, but then I found out it was 3-4 weeks behind, so it's better than nothing. I enjoyed the first episode, and the Las Vegas setting is obviously great having just been there. Looking forward to a good season.
- I hate Big Brother right now. Can't stand that Natalie is HoH and waltzing around like she owns the place. I'm so mad I don't even want to talk about it.
- Survivor starts next week and Amazing Race the week after that. For those of you that started reading over the summer, get used to me rambling on incessantly about TV shows. The summer is a down-time...trust me.
- My friend Phil went to the CNE last week and told me that they were selling Chocolate Covered Bacon. Then, 2 days later, my friend Matt in Vancouver tells me that he made some...and sent me pictures. Ok, first of all...chocolate covered bacon sounds absolutely disgusting. Second of all...it looks even worse. And third of all...are you seriously going to pay $5.00 for a piece on a hot day in August? Your thoughts? Sound off in the comments section below.
- An update on my Coke Zero trial for those of you who were following along. I tried only Coke Zero for the full week, and to those of you that told me that I wouldn't taste a difference after a week or so...you're all LIARS! It was just as nasty at the end of the week as it was in the beginning, and I decided that it was not an option as a suitable replacement for Coke if I'm trying to cut down, or cut it out. So I turfed it, and will likely never drink it again. However, the good news is that I still haven't had a Coke yet, and it's been three full weeks now. I'm craving it, but I've been able to hold off. We'll see how long that lasts. I've been drinking more water, and Gatorade, but trying to cut soda out as a whole. This is my 'quitting smoking' for all of you smokers out there...and I'm trying. I'll update you...

No comments: