Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 27, 2009

This week's musical selection is Jason Mraz. I know he has exploded onto the mainstream of pop music consciousness over the past year and a half, but I was first introduced to him about 5 years ago by my ex-girlfriend on a CD she had made for me. The first song I ever heard from him was an acoustic version of 'You and I Both', and I was hooked.
Now, with a record number of weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 for 'I'm Yours' (72 weeks and counting!), and his duet with Colbie Caillat, 'Lucky' that was all over the airwaves this past spring and summer, everyone knows his music. He's a great singer-songwriter with a unique vocal style that's tough to duplicate.

The clip I'm giving you today is an acoustic version of 'The Remedy', which was a single back in 2002. I was never really a fan of the radio version of this song, but the acoustic version blew me away. Hope you enjoy it.