Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009

Lucas and I went to the Kitchener Panthers game tonight, and it was a great evening. As soon as we got there, it started pouring rain, but we waited it out in the car, as much as Lucas wanted to go outside and get soaked. It only lasted about 10 minutes, and then we headed in to watch the rest of the game. What a treat to see everyone who I hadn't seen in so long, like Lucille, and Pat, and Luke, and Pete. It was great to sit with Kathy for the game, just like we did for so many years up in the press box. I had a lot of people ask me why I don't come back to announce again, and tonight's game reaffirmed for me how it was the right decision to leave. Only because Lucas is at such a fun age, that I can't imagine a more perfect night than sitting there with him watching the game, spitting out sunflower seeds together, and answering all of his questions about baseball.
It was a tough game, the Panthers lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs 18-8, and they have 2 games tomorrow heading into the playoffs, so Lucas wants to go back. I'm sure if it doesn't rain, we'll make it for at least one of them. On my way out of the ballpark, I ran into Jack Dominico, the owner of the Maple Leafs, who asked me why I don't announce anymore. We had a brief chat, and he told me how he always thought I did a great job here, and that I should consider coming back. That meant a lot to me coming from Jack, and it was nice to hear.

Looking forward to the game(s) tomorrow. Go Panthers!

No comments: