Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24, 2009

- Big Brother this week was pretty dramatic, but at the end of the day, it was all pretty predictable. We knew Laura was going to be evicted because Ronnie knew that she was on to him, which is too bad, because it seems like she was the only one in the house with a brain. Russell is a freak, and works on intimidation, don’t we all love people like that? It won’t be long before Mr. Roid Rage is gone, and that should be dramatic. For someone who says he is a BB enthusiast and strategist, Ronnie is one of the dumbest players I’ve ever seen. He just kept telling lies for the sake of telling them, with no reason for them. Eventually, he was bound to get caught. The scene in the backyard was pretty spectacular, though, when it became even more obvious to everyone that he had no defense. I like Natalie’s move to throw the extra vote the other way, it’s a good way to keep suspicion alive.

- The new season of Hell’s Kitchen debuted last week, and now I have two TV shows to watch this summer! This show is truly a guilty pleasure for me, like dollar stores and McDonald’s breakfast. I recognize it for the fluff it is, but I can’t stop watching, even though every new season just gets more over-the-top and away from ‘reality’. The scripted and dramatized elements are so transparent, and Gordon Ramsay’s outrageous behaviour has become unbelievable. I say that because I watch his original shows, The F Word and Kitchen Nightmares (BBC version, not FOX), which show him as he really is, firm and aggressive, but not a raging lunatic. The Fox-ization of Gordon Ramsay is quite disappointing to say the least. The worst part of the show for me, is the overly dramatic voice-overs on the show, on the “most amazing”, “most unbelievable” episodes ever, or how Chef Ramsay will do something he’s never done before! (He’s never served a shrimp cocktail…really?) All the dramatic lead-ins to the commercials, and recaps when they get back from commercial…it’s all filler. It’s a 30-minute show stretched into an hour! But who are we kidding…I’ll still watch. Pretty cool that the prize this season is the job in Whistler.

- I’m contemplating a big step. As many of you know, I’m a big Coke drinker, and I’m considering a switch. It’s been recommended to me that I would like Coke Zero, and wouldn’t really tell the difference. I’ve tried it a couple of times, and did not like it at all. However, I’ve had a few friends tell me recently that if I tried it for a while, I would definitely like it. So, going on this advice from people I trust, I think I’m going to give it a try for a week minimum, possibly two, and see what happens. No Coke, just Coke Zero. August 1 is the target date. Wish me luck.

- For any of you who are on Twitter, I’m now on Twitter as well. I don’t plan on updating that often, I just joined to follow some people primarily, but if you’re interested, feel free to add me at www.twitter.com/seanfurfaro. I know, I know…so original.

- The wedding video I posted yesterday has been a massive hit. I’m glad you all enjoyed it as much as I thought you would. I’ve seen at least six people link to it on Facebook after seeing it on here, and now I see that it has 800,000 additional hits on YouTube since yesterday. Thanks to Jimmy Traina at Hot Clicks, who featured it yesterday.

- As of today, I’m on vacation until August 3rd. Lucas and I have a big week planned, with trips to Canada’s Wonderland and The Toronto Zoo, as well as some movies, golfing, and fishing on the schedule. Should be a great week…I’m really looking forward to it!

No comments: