Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009

I listen to The Jim Rome show daily, and I’ve been a listener for close to a decade now. From time to time, he goes on vacation, and instead of running ‘Best Of’ shows, he brings in guest hosts, and nobody is nearly as entertaining as Jay Mohr. Yes…that Jay Mohr, from Saturday Night Live, Jerry Maguire, and Gary Unmarried. If you’ve never heard his standup comedy, it’s laugh-out-loud hilarious, and to have him on the radio for 3 hours when he’s the guest host, makes me wish he had his own radio show.

A while back, he did a segment where he was talking about the Carl’s Jr. commercials in the U.S. Now, for those of you who don’t know what Carl’s Jr. is, it’s a fast food chain in the U.S., mainly on the West Coast. They’re famous for having provocative and suggestive TV ads, featuring Paris Hilton, Audrina Patridge, Padma Lakshmi, and many others. Jay Mohr did a segment where he was mocking the voice-overs on the commercials, and I was laughing so hard I was in tears. Even when I heard it over again, I was still crying.

So, here’s what I have featured below. For a frame of reference, I’ve given you a real Carl’s Jr. commercial (featuring my favourite, Top Chef Host Padma Lakshmi). And below that, is the Jay Mohr Segment from the Jim Rome show (audio only). I highly recommend you listen to it if you would like a laugh.

No comments: