Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009

I just popped by my friend Jeremy's house to drop off something for him, and when I went downstairs, I found him sitting around the poker table with his 3 sons, who range in age from 5 to 10. It was a funny enough sight to see, but became even funnier when I saw that he had dealt Jordan (the oldest) pocket queens, Sammy (the middle) pocket kings, and Ethan (the youngest) pocket aces. He smirked at me as he showed me his pocket fives. All the kids all went all-in with their dad and all the chips went in the middle.

The flop was 9 high, and the turn...was a 5. No help on the river, and Jer busted all three kids. I was shocked, as was Jeremy, because he had stacked the deal, but not the board, so the 5 was purely coincidence.

Then Sammy says, "Yeah...my dad robs kids."

Father of the year.

No comments: