Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 5, 2009

- Great to see Michigan State win last night at the Final Four and advance to the championship game on Monday night. What a thrill it must be for them to be playing for the championship in Detroit. I correctly picked North Carolina vs. Michigan State as the championship game in my bracket, but still finished second in the pool by a measly two points.
- I saw that Seth Rogen was hosting SNL last night, so that seemed like it had a lot of potential. I recorded it and it was one of the worst episodes I've seen. It was painful. It's shocking to me how the show can have such a resurgence at the beginning of the season, and then be so horrible. And it wasn't just the Sarah Palin-Tina Fey stuff that made it great again, the other parts were solid too. I don't understand it.
- Snow Patrol is opening for U2 in Toronto? I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that. Oh, the irony!
- Nice to have a new episode of Survivor after 2 weeks off, but they really need to do a better job on the editing. This season it's painfully obvious every episode which team is going to lose and go to Tribal Council just based on how much airtime the tribes are getting. It's like they've decided to build the story for the tribe that loses, and then show one meaningless scene from the other tribe. Coach is quickly becoming the most hated contestant ever....I can't stand him. Even more than fake-accent Ace from last season.
- Lost was a good episode, and a turning point for Kate's character. She was quickly becoming a background entity who was losing anything interesting and compelling about her, but this episode really turned that around. The final scene with her and Aaron was heartbreaking. I have a couple of theories that I think might be close to what is happening, but I'm not going to post them because, frankly, I don't want to be right. I'd much rather not know and be surprised, which is why I try not to theorize. I've tried not to look at previews for upcoming episodes so that I just go in blind each week, but I happened to see next week's preview, and.....wow. Can't wait.
- I got a pretty good response to my Condiments post. I'm going to try and post more single topic, longer posts instead of these rapid-fire, bullet-point posts. I'll still do these, but going to try and expand a bit.

No comments: