Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1, 2009

I can't possibly give a month's worth of 'random thoughts' in one post, so I'll just go with what's been happening lately and take it from there.

- First and foremost (and for all those new readers, get used to my TV geek-dom if you plan on coming regularly), The fifth season of Lost is absolutely blowing my mind. And we're only three episodes in! When Richard said 'Put your gun down, Widmore.' in the last episode, I was shocked. And I'm thinking that Elly has to be Mrs. Hawking. I hope the shot of Sawyer's bloody foot is just a red herring to attach it to the concept of the four-toed statue. As I was recommending the Jeff Probst blog during Survivor, if you enjoy reading recaps of the show, make sure to read the following:
Doc Jensen at www.ew.com
The Lost Diary at www.thelostdiary.com
Erika's recaps at www.longlivelocke.blogspot.com
(I'll put links to the last two on the sidebar before Thursday so you can link to them right from here)
I'd be happy to talk Lost anytime, feel free to email me, but I'm not reading any spoilers. I'm enjoying the surprises too much.
- Are the Arizona Cardinals really in the Super Bowl? Really????
- I might be going to Manitoba for two weeks in March. Why, you ask? More info to come in the future...
- Lucas and I have been having a blast playing Rock Band and Rock Band 2. We started a World Tour with our band, The Furfys (of course!) and now have just over half a million fans, bought a plane, and played our first gigs in Europe!
- Lucas finally lost his front tooth on the top. It had been loose forever.
- Duke finally made it to #1 this season, and then lost to Wake Forest last week with 0.8 seconds left in the game. ARGH!
- At the Gryphons game last week, during warmups there was this guy in the stands dancing along to the music, and it was hilarious. Ryan from the scorer's table took some video on his iPhone, I need to find out if there's a way to post it on here...soooo funny.

- I'm enjoying CSI with Laurence Fishburne so far, and I'm glad they didn't bring him in as the leader of the lab. Although last week's episodes that had the CSI's working with 'the FBI', who ended up actually being criminals from a mental institution, I had to think to myself "That never would have happened under Grissom's watch."
- The University of Guelph did a profile of me as the new "Voice of the Gryphons" this year. Here's a link if you're interested. It's worth it for no other reason than the 'deer in the headlights' picture.
- Comments are open....feel free to leave one if you're a new reader.

No comments: