Friday, February 13, 2009

February 13, 2009

A few other things before I ramble on endlessly about TV shows...

- UNC beat Duke at home on Wednesday night, how embarrassing. But at least to keep the night a positive experience, Lost was great (more on that later), and I won the WNP event for the second week in a row.
- I like that they've introduced H-O-R-S-E as part of the NBA All-Star Weekend, but I can't believe they're actually spelling G-E-I-C-O instead. Too funny.
- Keeping with basketball, GREAT trade for the Raptors today. Shawn Marion will be a better fit for them than Jermaine O'Neal.
- Since WHFS2 isn't streaming online anymore, I've been looking for a new internet radio station, and I've finally found one. It's called 92.3 and it's from Cleveland...it's actually pretty close to WHFS2, progran. Here's a link in case you want to listen along with me. Radio 92.3
- I was in Guelph last night shooting 3 stories for our basketball broadcast this weekend. I'm really happy with them and they should be shown on First Local as well next week. Tune in tomorrow (Saturday) on Rogers at 1 pm for the McMaster-Guelph games live, and you'll get to see all three of them.
- Ok, on to my random TV ramblings, and Lost will be first, so...

JENN STOP READING

- Lost blew my fricking mind this week. After a semi-slow episode last week, this one was great. The time jumping with Jin and the French crew was awesome, and answered some questions (but not all) about Smokey and the Temple, and why Rousseau was so bat-shit insane. Miles is being wasted thus far, so I hope they find more for him to do, and even though I saw it coming weeks ago, I'm disappointed that they killed off Charlotte. Although here reveal of Daniel being 'the crazy guy' who warned her not to come back was more than a tad creepy. But not nearly as creepy as Christian appearing to John down by the return of....wait for it....The FROZEN DONKEY WHEEL! (Best. Name. Ever.) Great episode, can't wait for next week.
- I've also added DarkUfo's site to the link on the sidebar. It's a perfect source for all things Lost.

JENN, YOU CAN CONTINUE READING NOW

- Top Chef was really enjoyable this week as well, although the last 3 eliminations have been so ridiculously predictable based on the contestants, you didn't even really have to have the challenges. Weeks ago, you could tell this was going to be the final four. Carla started off this season as a bit annoying, but she really grew on me, and part of me is rooting for her because she's become very likable. Stefan is a great chef, but annoyingly arrogant. I like Hosea, but don't really care if he wins or not. And I'm hoping Fabio wins because he is great...and his broken-English lines are the funniest thing on TV. My favourite Fabio lines from last night (verbatim, so you have to picture in a thick Italian accent):

(after he BROKE HIS FINGER in the kitchen and still kept cooking in the challenge--which he won--and someone suggested he should go to the Hospital)
"Hospital? I'll chop it off and sear it on the flat-top so it doesn't bleed anymore, and tomorrow, I will deal with nine finger."

(dealing with a finger splint while cooking)
"I got so many kick in my ass that sometime when I'm in the bathroom I still poop shoe out of my ass."

"It's Top Chef. Not Top Pussy."
(Which I still don't think is as funny as his comment on Jamie always cooking scallops: "It's Top Chef. Not Top F*cking Scallop.")

Now, while I still maintain that I do like Carla, I had to laugh at the comment made by Entertainment Weekly's Kate Ward, who stated that Carla's Green Eggs and Ham dish was "fitting, considering Carla looks like she was plucked right out of Whoville." I wasn't sure I agreed with her...until I saw this picture:



Yikes.

- On to Survivor, which premiered a new season last night. Not a lot to state just yet since I don't know much about the players yet, but off the top of my head: Sandy is crazy, Coach's mullet-rocker-head is fantastic, Jeff Probst is sneaky, who on earth doesn't know what 'ten paces' means, and why would you grab watermelons instead of WATER!? A couple of tidbits of recommended reading and viewing for you: Jeff Probst's blog, which he writes after every episode, and the EW.com video show Survivor Talk, which is hosted by Dalton Ross and the funniest man on the planet, Josh Wolk. I'll put the links up each Friday.

- Speaking of Josh Wolk, I will also add a link to his own blog, which is required reading if your sense of humour is even remotely close to mine (I'm talking to you, Salvatore! Don't make me get out the Scrabble dictionary again!). This Sunday is the premiere of a new season of The Amazing Race. Great, another TV show for me to talk about. (rolls eyes) Josh Wolk does the EW.com recap every Monday, and it is laugh-out-loud funny, every single time.

(Honestly, I'm not employed by Entertainment Weekly. This is starting to sound like a commercial for their site.)

- 30 Rock was great this week too, but I don't have anything to say other than the awesome scene of the door blowing open..."Too Soon!"

Until next time, party people...

1 comment:

Matt said...

Tell us more about the 101-87 beating that Duke took on Wednesday night. OH YEAAAAAAAAAH!