Monday, February 16, 2009

February 15, 2009

- Lucas has had a fever this weekend, so it's been a pretty lazy time, just watching TV and playing some games on the Wii. On Saturday night we watched the NBA All-Star Saturday Night: the 3-point Shootout and the Slam Dunk Contest. We had pretty much assumed that Dwight Howard had it wrapped up, especially after effortlessly dunking on a 12-foot rim. But then we saw Nate Robinson do this...Wow.

- Then, on Sunday, we spent pretty much the whole day playing Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii. So much fun. I really have no frame of reference for video games, but we had a blast playing it yesterday.
- Just found out that one of my co-workers at the University of Guelph basketball games is also a big Duke fan. Go J.T. from O-thrill-ya!
- Not much else to report other than the premiere of the Amazing Race last night. I'm looking forward to Josh Wolk's recap, but I have some initial thoughts:
- First of all, for all future references to this season, I will be referring to the tiny stuntmen brothers as 'The Hobbits', the two redheads as 'The Hotties', the couple from Virginia as 'The Hicks' (which is much more complimentary than what I was originally planning, 'The Inbred Mountain Folk'), and the gay father and son as 'Stan Lee and his son' (Did you see those shades on the old guy? I thought it was a cameo in a Marvel movie.)
- The Hicks will not make it far.
- I never would have been able to do that bungee jump.
- Nice to see the Mom and her deaf son win first place, but the prize sure looked romantic. I don't know if my idea of a perfect trip is a sunset cruise and sharing a room with my mom in Mexico.
- The cheese challenge was hilarious. I have no idea how someone didn't get seriously hurt with the backpacks breaking and people falling and sliding down the hill. And if all they had to do was just collect the cheese at the bottom if it rolled down the hill, why not just (insert air quotes) "fall down" and let it roll? Although the most alarming thing about the whole challenge was after the teams completed it, they had to run along by the villagers/chesse stackers who were doing some sort of odd pelvic thrust dance with those giant bells. Weird.

No comments: