Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February 10, 2009

- Ok, I'm pretty much done with Heroes. I'm just not into this new Fugitives arc. The characters are acting out of character, and frankly, just stupid. The writing is horrible, everybody over-acts, and I realized I don't really care what happens to any of them.
- Lucas and I have been watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy the last couple of nights. I figured he was old enough to deal with some of the scary parts, and he's been fine. We're halfway through the second one, and he is just LOVING them.
- I was flipping around the Grammys the other night and saw Kate Beckinsale come out to introduce someone, so since I'm kind of in love with her, I stuck around to see who it was, and lo and behold...it was Paul McCartney (yawn)...performing with Dave Grohl! (Woo-hoo!) Speaking of Dave Grohl, for anyone who didn't click the SNL video I put up 2 days ago on my last post, I would highly recommend you watch it, Dave makes an appearance around the 1:00 mark.
- I had a craving for wonton soup the other night, so instead of heading out to buy some, I made my own broth and homemade wontons....soooo good.
- I'm really enjoying the new season of Scrubs. The music has been fantastic, as it always has been, the closing songs are always perfect to fit the mood and tone of the episode. Ted's new girlfriend, The Gooch, is great (not to be confused with The Gooch, the bully from Diff'rent Strokes), and Jimmy The Overly Touch Orderly makes me laugh every time he shows up.
- HPA didn't go exactly as planned the other night, but I still came 6th. And I'm back in first place overall with only 3 events left. However, I'm only a half point ahead of Tony, and only 3 points ahead of Steve (588.5, 588.0, and 585.5). Gonna be a tight race coming down to these last 3 months. Congratulations to Tony on a very impressive win.
- We're hosting a charity poker tournament next Thursday the 19th with the proceeds going to support the Waterloo Arts Festival. There are some great prizes, so anyone who is interested in playing, send me an email and I can send you details and register you.
- Duke vs. UNC tomorrow night, and I'm going to be out. I can't even tape it since I have to tape Lost. (Not sure if you noticed, I'm a bit of a Lost junkie.) Those of you who know me well, know that there isn't much that I would miss taping a Duke-UNC game for...but I guess Lost is on that list.
- Here's a funny link for you. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but it is a compilation of EVERY curse word from the entire six-season run of The Sopranos, in chronological orders. Warning, it is 27 minutes long, and most definitely NSFW. (duh!). Check it out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow ....wonton soup my favourite...so where was mine...