Friday, June 5, 2009

June 5, 2009

First off, before getting to one of my rapid-fire, bullet-point, Random Thoughts posts, I have to put a call out to you gentle readers, and hope that some of you may be able to help.

Next week is the Waterloo Arts Festival, and for those of you who have never been to the Festival, I hope you'll come and check it out. I will post more details later in the week. However, the reason I mention it now is that we are a tad short on volunteers for the weekend, so I'm putting a request out to anyone who may be interested in volunteering for any amount of time next weekend (June 13/14), even just a couple of hours. It's a good excuse to be outside at Waterloo Park, plus you get a spiffy T-shirt! If you're interested, please send me an email at seanfurfaro@gmail.com, or you can fill out the Volunteer Application form at the website www.waterlooartsfestival.com. If we even get a couple of new volunteers in the next week, it will be a big help!

Now, on to the rest...

- I went to Drayton last night for the opening night of The Odd Couple, which my brother directed. It was a great show, and very very funny the way it was modernized. The cast was fantastic. I highly recommend it if you're up for a theatre outing in the next few weeks.
- I taped an episode of What's Your Point on CTV earlier this week, and it airs on Saturday night at 6:30 pm. It was a good experience, and we had a great panel overall. Tune in on Saturday.
- I don't know what happened, but I tweaked my neck somehow the other night when I was sleeping and I'm in a lot of pain this last couple of days. I hope it clears up soon.
- With no new TV shows on, I thought I'd give I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here a shot. I'm done after one episode. Horrible.
- I have however started watching Poker After Dark, which I hadn't really watched in the past. I record it nightly now, and I'm enjoying the table conversations more than anything else. The Hellmuth Bash cash game special was very entertaining.
- Speaking of poker, 3 weeks from now I'll be in Las Vegas for the World Series of Poker. We have a great group of guys going, and another group of friends is going to be there at the same time. It's going to be awesome!
- I ran into Danny Michel when I was at Ben Thanh for lunch today. That's the third or fourth time I've run into him there. I'm almost seeing him more there than in concert! Looking forward to the concert at the Starlight on the 17th.
- Tomorrow is my neighbourhood's annual garage sale day, so Lucas and I have a morning planned of walking around and shopping in the 'hood. It's always a fun day, and the weather is supposed to be great tomorrow.
- The other night after dinner, Lucas and I went over to the schoolyard to play basketball, and I taught him how to play 21. The first game, he had trouble breaking the ice, so in the second game, I told him he could skip that part and just start scoring point right away, but I would still have to break the ice. Next thing I know, he's leading 20-16! I did come back to win, but I was sweating it! I was thinking how it'll be nice for him to remember the first time he beat me, but I wasn't expecting it to be the first night! He's pretty good...it won't be long.

No comments: