Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 2009


10 days until Vegas.

The countdown is on. We leave on the 25th, and get back on July 2nd. I'm playing in two WSOP events, both $1500 No-Limit tournaments. Event #51 on the 27th, and Event #54 on the 29th. There are 6 of us going right now, and it's a great group of guys, so it's going to be one hell of a trip. Add to that that I've got another group of 5 or 6 friends that will be there at the same time, and I'm really excited. It's been a while since I've been away, and the fact that I'm leaving on June 25th is symbolically appropriate in a way.

For those of you interested in following our WSOP progress, we've set up a Twitter account so that you can follow us during the tournament. Jeremy and/or Dave will be updating periodically while Tony and I are playing in the events. If you want to follow, here's a link.

http://twitter.com/hotpokeraction

You don't need to be a Twitter user to follow, just bookmark the link if you want to check updates. I've also added a link on the sidebar.

I've been enjoying the WSOP so far. Daniel Negreanu at two final tables, Phil Ivey wins two bracelets already, Brock Parker wins two bracelets as well. I'm watching a lot of coverage online at Bluff Magazine, where you can watch the final tables as they happen live. I'm looking forward to watching Johnny Chan go for his 11th bracelet tonight as he's down to the final 5 in the Heads-Up Event. (leading his match right now as I write)

No comments: