Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 7, 2009













You all know I love cover versions. One of my real guilty pleasures is when someone covers an old-school rap track in a way that you’re just not expecting. Today’s cover version is Ben Folds performing Dr. Dre’s classic from 1992, Bitches Ain’t Shit. Obviously, this track isn’t going to be for everyone, so please be warned that there is significant profanity…in case you didn’t surmise from the title.

If you’re not familiar with the original, and you plan on watching the video below, take a moment and listen to a bit of the original version, just so you have a frame of reference. It will make you appreciate the cover version even more.

2 comments:

~Spitfire~ said...

My personal fave is Dynamite Hack's Boyz N the Hood

Anonymous said...

Some of my favourite covers of all time include:

1. Working Class Hero by Green Day
2. Wonderwall by Ryan Adams
3. Crazy Mary by Pearl Jam
4. Jolene by The White Stripes
5. Hurt by Johnny Cash

There's more too, but I can't recall them right now. But did you know that Twist and Shout is NOT originally a Beatles song? I always thought it was.


caesar