Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18, 2009

Today's musical selection is Snow Patrol, a fantastic band from Ireland. I was first introduced to them a few years back with the song I'm featuring here today, and became a big fan of their music in general. I got a chance to see them live in concert twice, first at Kool Haus in Toronto in the fall of 2006 with Augustana, and then again in the spring of 2007 at the Ricoh Coliseum with OK Go and Silversun Pickups. Two fantastic concerts.

The music is great, and the live show is even better. They scored a couple of sweet opening gigs in the past year, opening for both U2 and Coldplay in 2009. If you were Snow Patrol and could pick an opening act slot, who would you choose above U2 and Coldplay? I can't think of anyone.

You probably know Snow Patrol from their hit single, Chasing Cars. I had discovered that song long before it was every used on Grey's Anatomy and became a mainstream radio hit that was played approximately every 19 seconds. As great a song as it still is, I won't subject you to it once again, and instead I give you what I truly believe is their greatest song, Run.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooohhh how i love Snow Patrol i could sing crack the shutters until my voice cuts, i love it so much, a hundred million sons is a phenominal album.

ooohh good choice Sean.