Saturday, December 6, 2008

December 6, 2008

- Lucas scored his first goal on his hockey team this past Thursday. One of the other kids took a shot and the goalie saved it and the rebound came right to Lucas, who took a slap shot (well, a slapshot for a 7-year old...so pretty much a dribbler) and it went in. I was glad I was there to see it...he was so excited.
- The night before, we went to the Kitchener Rangers game, which was the annual Teddy Bear Toss game. When the Rangers score their first goal, everyone throws teddy bears onto the ice and they donate them to charity. My dad came with us and we had a great time, and got all 3 of our bears on the ice. It's pretty amazing to see...here's a link to the footage of this year's game. 6300 fans and over 6500 bears.
- Survivor was a bit sappy this week. Matty's proposal on the dock was a little goofy. I thought it was so ridiculously unfair for Bob to be facing off against Crystal and Sugar in a puzzle. He finished in about a nano-second and then looked almost guilty. Awesome. With all the angry jury members, it's looking like this is shaping up to be one fireworks-filled final tribal council.
- My sister is scheduled to have her baby the week before Christmas, so I'm close to being a new uncle again.
- The Sean Avery situation this week was so ridiculous and contrived. I'm glad he got suspended, and I bet the Stars won't take him back. His career may be affected forever because of one juvenile comment.
- I'm not sure that Sam Mitchell deserved to be fired by the Raptors, but anything that gives Jay Triano a job as a head coach, I'm 100% behind. It will take some time to get the team conditioned to the pace he likes to play, but by the end of the year, Raptor fans will be happy with this change. He did a great job with our national team and is a great coach.
- Lost premieres in 6 weeks. I watched the promo video for the new season and got goosebumps...can't wait! Season 4 comes out on DVD this week, and we got a copy at work, so this weekend, I'm watching the 2 discs of bonus features.
- Duke plays at Michigan this afternoon. Go Duke!

No comments: