Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Foo Fighters

Last week's premiere of Survivor South Pacific looked like it was the start of a pretty good season (about time!), and this Sunday marks the beginning of the next season of The Amazing Race, which looks pretty solid as well. For those of you who are regular readers of my recaps, and who are expecting them at the usual time on Wednesdays and Sundays, respectively, I wanted to make a quick post to let you know that this week's recaps will be slightly later than normal.

Instead of the usual post within 30 minutes of Survivor ending on Wednesday, my recap will be online by approximately 10:30 pm ET. I have a prior television commitment on Wednesday night, so I won't be able to watch Survivor until later. For the record, 'prior television commitment' doesn't mean I'm watching something else...I'm actually hosting a television program live from 7:00-8:00 (Rogers TV, channel 20 - shameless plug), and I'll be watching the show later that night. The recap will still be up, just slightly later.

For Sunday's premiere of The Amazing Race, I will not actually be able to watch the show on Sunday night since I will be at a concert. So, instead of a late recap on Sunday night, unfortunately you'll have to wait until Monday night. While you are watching Ethan and Jenna and all the other new racers fighting for flight spots, I'll be seeing the Foo Fighters in Buffalo.

I also saw the Foo Fighters last night in Detroit (yes, I'm a pretty big fan), and for those of you out there who are fans as well, check out the two videos embedded below. They are both taken from last night's concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills, right beside the ramp, and the quality is pretty unbelievable. I didn't shoot the videos, but I was about 30 feet from where they were taken.



So, to summarize: 1) Survivor Recap will be an hour late on Wednesday, 2) Amazing Race Recap will be a day late on Monday, and 3) Foo Fighters rock!

No comments: