Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010: It All Comes Back To Star Wars, Doesn't It?

I've never made any bones about the fact that I am a Star Wars geek. I mean, at our core, I would argue that we all are, but I proudly wear my fandom without any shame. It's been a while since a Star Wars post, and with this week being the annual Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you), I thought it was time to catch up.

A number of friends and readers have sent me some Star Wars-themed items over the past couple of months, and along with some that I had saved on my own, I present the following collection of tidbits.

For those of you that love Admiral Ackbar, how would you like to share time with him in your most private of moments? (Admittedly, not as good as the Tauntaun sleeping bag, but definitely a close second.)
These pictures made me laugh out loud the first time I saw them. If you need explanations on either of them, you should probably skip the rest of this post.

How awesome would it be to open your freezer and see this? Lucas has both pieces of this toy...I think I'm going to set it up at home for him.
You're not imagining things...yes, that is indeed an AT-AT made entirely of bacon. Read the full story (with more pictures) here.
In an ingenious idea that is the dream of every male Star Wars fan, this is from a car wash staffed by women in Slave Leia costumes, with a few Geonosis Padme's mixed in. I'll just post this one picture, but click here for more pictures, and here for a borderline NSFW video from inside a car being washed.
For those of you that have a GPS System in your car, and like to fiddle with the voices that you can choose between (I prefer the Australian lady), you may soon be able to receive your directions from the Dark Lord himself.

Lego is a wonderful thing, and if you've ever questioned that statement, check out this video that features the entire story of the Original Star Wars Trilogy, told in under two-and-a-half minutes...entirely in Lego.

And saving the best for last, check out this Star-Wars themed parody from CollegeHumor.com of Alicia Keys and Jay-Z...Galactic Empire State of Mind.

No comments: