Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 28, 2010

- The last couple of weeks have been tough because I've been craving a Coke more than ever. I've come close a couple of times, but still was able to fight it off. This week I had mentally decided I couldn't do it any longer, but still hadn't had one.

Then on Wednesday, I was on my way to Guelph to announce a basketball game, and the craving was so intense, that I stopped at McDonald's and got a Coke in the drive-thru. I had it in the car, but still didn't take a drink. When I got inside, I got my stuff all unpacked and then as my friends Maureen and Jill watched...I took my first drink of Coke in almost half a year.

And it was possibly the best Coke I've ever had.

I had been hoping that being away so long would de-sensitize my taste buds to the flavour of Coke, and that maybe it would be too sweet for me now, but alas, the glorious nectar was better than ever. I guzzled it down and then bought a 12-pack today.

I tried, I really did. But I was already drinking other pops, and not enjoying them. I had to go back.

And yes, I know that it's 22 teaspoons of sugar, and what it does to my body, and the rusty nail experiment, and all the other blah blah blah things...but it's not like I took up smoking.

Maybe I should...
- We're 5 days away from the premiere of Lost, and I'm going in blind. During the season, and generally in the off-season, I'll devour as much information as possible, reading everything I can on the show. But heading into next Tuesday's premiere episode, I've been avoiding everything. I want to be completely out of the loop when I sit down to watch it.

I've also decided that I'm going to be writing a Lost post after every episode. Now, these aren't going to be theory-based recaps like you'll see on DarkUFO, or Long Live Locke, or from Doc Jensen. This will just be my own thoughts after each episode, and I'm going to try and get them up before midnight every Tuesday.

For those of you that weren't caught up last season, I know that some of you have now caught up with Season 6 (way to go, Jenn!), so I will no longer be putting the 'STOP READING' warnings like last season. You'll just want to avoid Tuesday night's posts if you're not caught up.

So, on that note, here's a video that you Lost fans will enjoy. It's a spliced together version of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, from all the different perspectives, in real-time. Whoever did it, did an awesome job. I highly recommend that you take 10 minutes and watch it right through.

No comments: