- For those of you following my ongoing efforts to kick my Coca-Cola habit, here's an update for you. It's been almost 5 months now, and still I haven't had a Coke. Yes, I'm still drinking some pop periodically, but much less...and no Coke. Lately, it's been getting harder and harder. I've almost caved a few times. When we were in Niagara Falls for New Year's, I actually had a bottle of Coke in my hands and was ready to buy it at the store we were in, but my girlfriend talked me out of it. I have a feeling I'm going to break soon.
It's not a factor, but in one of the big ironies of life, one of the presents my girlfriend got me for Christmas was a Coke bottle commemorating the year that Duke won the NCAA Championship for the first time. It's awesome, and has the team logo, and all the games, dates, and scores on the back. It was a great gift, and although it is a bottle of Coke, I'm not tempted at all, since I don't want to know what Coke tastes like after 19 years in a bottle.
- Speaking of Duke, yes...I know that they lost last week, but Carolina lost to Clemson, and that makes me incredibly happy. UNC is now 12-6 on the season, and 1-2 in the ACC. I like it.
- My niece Emma is celebrating her 19th birthday today, and I'm feeling really old. It seems like just yesterday I remember her being born and skipping my afternoon chemistry class with Mrs. Barnes to drive to Toronto in a snowstorm to see her. She's out in British Columbia now, having a great time at school, and writing her own blog. Happy Birthday Ems!
- I've really been enjoying writing for The CIS Blog. If you haven't checked it out yet, make sure to stop by some time...my posts are usually up on Wednesday and on the weekends.
- On Friday night, my girlfriend and I were going to the Guelph Storm game, and since we were planning on having a few...ahem...adult beverages at the game, we didn't really want to drive...so we decided to take the bus. My god, it's been almost 20 years since I've taken the bus, and I realized it when I got on the bus with a crumpled $5 bill (fare is $2.50 now!) and looked for the slot to drop it in, and the bus driver had to instruct me to unfold it and put it in the bill acceptor. Buses have Bill Acceptors now!
Ratings News - 26th April 2017
1 hour ago