Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15, 2009

The Comedy Stylings of an Eight-Year-Old
Tonight I was having dinner with Lucas, sitting across from him at our dining room table, when he says to me, "Dad, can I tell you a funny joke that Trenton from school made up?" I said "Sure", so what you are about to read is verbatim - exactly how Lucas told me the joke.

So, there's a dad and a kid. And the dad tells the kid to get in the car.

And the kid says, "But I caaaaan't."

And the dad says "Why not?"

"Because the door is broken."

So the dad takes out an axe, and cuts open the door. "There. Now get in the car."

"But I caaaaan't."

"Why not?"

"Because the seat belt is locked."

So the dad takes the axe and cuts the seat belt in half. "There. Now get in the car."

"But I caaaaan't."

"Why not?"

"Because I peed my pants."

So the dad says, "Well, go around the corner, then."

"But I caaaaan't."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm drunk."

"YOU'RE GOIN' TO COURT!"

"But I don't play basketball!"

And then he proceeded to laugh uproariously while I grabbed a piece of paper to write it all down.

Anyone have any idea what is going on in this joke?

3 comments:

Snomankw said...

My guess is he gets his humor from his father....

Unknown said...

LMAO.
At what that person said, i don't get the joke either.

~spitfire~ said...

I got a little worried there with the dad swinging that axe away at everything when the kid said he peed his pants...