Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- So happy Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin and 30 Rock cleaned up at the Emmy's. So deserving.
- Lucas and Kelly brought me a very nice present back from New York City, a Yankee Stadium Book...bought in NYC on the day of the final game. Very thoughtful, and it meant a lot to me.
Monday, September 29, 2008
- Speaking of EW.com, check out Dalton Ross' Survivor blog videos, especially the one where he visits the tribal council set. Jeff if hilarious at the end!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- Saw Burn After Reading on the weekend, very funny, and I'm not a George Clooney fan at all.
- The season premiere of Heroes blew me away last night, and it's great to see Marlo from The Wire as one of the new villains.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
- Yesterday's OUA Football broadcast was interesting. It was homecoming at WLU so there were almost 9,000 fans to begin with, and the pre-game ceremony had 3 skydivers jumping from a plane above the stadium. They were dressed in WLU football uniforms and trailing Golden Hawk flags. The three of them landed individually right at midfield, and the third one had the game ball strapped to his chest, which he presented to the referee. Very impressive.
- The monthly poker leagues have been going well. 3rd place again last night
Thursday, September 18, 2008
- Had a great dinner with Val at Ben Thanh tonight. So much food. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
- Busy weekend with a football game to broadcast on Saturday, and a banquet on Sunday. Should be fun.
- Lucas was very excited at his new desk and computer I set up in his room this week.
- Lucas is also very excited to be going to New York City tomorrow morning for the weekend. His mom is taking him for a weekend in NYC, just the two of them. I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun. They're going to see the Lion King. He's seven years old and going to New York City...and I'm 35 and have never been!
- I got stuck behind this ridiculously slow driver on my way home from work yesterday, who insisted on going 25 km/h in a 50....but THEN came to a stop sign and did a rolling stop right on through it. Seriously? You have to go half the speed limit, but then you're in such a rush that you can't come to a complete stop?
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
- Watched a funny movie with Lucas, called Son of Rambow.
- Lucas and I put on our rain gear and went fishing in the rain yesterday. We caught lots of fish, got totally soaked, and had tons of fun.
- Looking forward to the U of G hall of fame banquet next weekend.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
I'm talking about Meg Ryan...who did you think I was talking about?
I saw her on Letterman last night and MAN, what a scary transformation.
What the Hell?
Friday, September 12, 2008
- I'm watching Baby Mama later tonight. Sure...probably not a cinematic masterpiece, but I seriously love Tina Fey.
- Looking more and more forward to SNL tomorrow night. They're supposed to be doing an Aquaman skit with Michael Phelps.
- More fishing with Lucas tonight. He was very excited at seeing 4 beavers at the pond tonight, and the fact that we almost caught a huge snapping turtle. Thank god he got off the hook, I wouldn't have wanted to go near him if I had to reel him in. Seriously, he was about 2 1/2 feet long.
- I saw a funny list on a column I read daily:
Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:
1. Weight lifting commentator: This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.
2. Dressage commentator: This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.
3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
4. Boxing Analyst: Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.
5. Softball announcer: If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.
6. Basketball analyst: He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.
7. At the rowing medal ceremony: Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.
8. Soccer commentator: Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.
9. Tennis commentator: One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?
Monday, September 8, 2008
- Saw Tropic Thunder last night....very very funny. I will watch anything that Robert Downey Jr. is in.
- Finished Season 5 of The Wire, too. Bittersweet that it's over.
- I watched some of the U.S. Open Women's Final between Serena Williams and Jelena Jankovic last night as well. Makes me sick how pro-U.S. the commentators are, and Mary Carillo was a total bitch to Jankovic in the post-game interview.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
- Keesha looked smokin' hot last night. And I'm not a fan at all. She's whiny and annoying, and not my type at all, but damn she looked good.
- Went out with a friend to St. Louis Ribs and Wings for a drink and a chat. It was a good conversation, I hope she gets things figured out so she's not so unhappy.
Monday, September 1, 2008
- The basketball games at Guelph went well. The setup is great, and so are the people. I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the season. A former Warrior player came to the game last night and saw me announcing and was like "What the F...?"
- Missed Big Brother last night, so no commentary today.