Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1, 2009

This week's musical selection (which is also post #300) is Against Me. I had the opportunity to see Against Me twice last year, as they had the opening slot for the Foo Fighters tour. I had heard a few of their songs, but their live show blew me away...lots of energy, especially from the bass player, who looked liked he was having the best time of his life. And let's be honest, bass players aren't generally known for having the best stage presence.

Against Me's music is pop-driven punk, but the song I've embedded below is a slight diversion from what they usually do. It's a duet with Tegan Quin from Tegan and Sara, which lead singer and songwriter Tom Gabel said that he wrote with her in mind. It's called Borne On The FM Waves Of The Heart.

Thanks again to everyone for reading, and travelling along with me to post #300 today. It's great to have a reason to write again!

No comments: